Sunday, August 14, 2011

"Little Man" Quilt

I finished up my "Little Man" quilt this weekend and I think it turned out super cute.

I just love this pattern by Camille Roskelley. It is simple and modern and I love how it showcases the fabrics. The quilting of this quilt didn't go quite as smoothly as I would have liked. While quilting, I accidentally stitched a fold into the back of my quilt and ended up ripping out about 13 lines of stitches as a result. It was pretty painful, but I'm kind of glad it happened because now I know to be extra careful to prevent this from happening in the future. As the saying goes, live and learn.


I think what I like most about this quilt is the way the soft muted colors create an understated but cohesive look. The fabrics are from Michael Miller's Citron and Gray collection. I used Kona cotton in Ash for the sashing which is one of my favorite solids. I tend to gravitate toward brighter colors in my quilts so I was surprised to find how much I ended up liking this muted yellow and gray color combination.

The bicycle print really makes this quilt so I knew I had to use it on the back too. And look, no folds! You would never know how much time I spent carefully taking out those rows of stitches!

I will definitely be using this pattern again to make more quilts. I have some fabric in my stash that has "Little Man" written all over it, so be on the lookout for more like this!

7 comments:

  1. Do you have the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stumbled across this on Pinterest. I love it! Those Michael Miller prints are great too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is in a Stashbook called Simplify

    ReplyDelete
  4. what size is the quilt you have pictured?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quilt is so beautiful! Really caught my attention. :)

    ReplyDelete